In 1928 a group
of investors purchased the Rhoads / Blaker amusement center and formed
the Cedar Schellenger Corporation. The corporation developed a new pier
which extended the original Amusement Center to the east side of the
boardwalk onto the beach. The older section (on the west side) became
"Playland" while the new section (on the east side) became
Marine Pier, also known as "Playland on the Beach". The photo below shows an overview of the two sections.